Upgrades and Enhancements are announced on multiple channels for validity.
The current release of the Czarcoin platform is version 0.8.9.5 and can be found at https://github.com/Czarcoin/czarcoin/releases/tag/v0.8.9.5
Czarcoind 0.8.9.5 has been released. The commit can be found on GitHub at: https://github.com/czarcoin/czarcoin/commit/8a5e898290403aeb6421bbbf7c47423a030b57a9
Prior to building, please confirm you have the correct source tree with the git log command. The first log entry should be the change setting the version:
commit 8a5e898290403aeb6421bbbf7c47423a030b57a9 Author: Kedia <[email protected]> Date: Sat Mar 3 03:22:08 2018 -0500
This is a Maintenance Release Distribution focused on 64-bit Windows Platforms. Short term support is being provided for Ubuntu 14.04 while interim support is being shifted to Ubuntu 16.04 scheduled for the summer of 2018. Czarcoin DNS remains partially restored with future publication pending. During reenactment of the network, seed.czarcoin.com may be used as a root node. Please note previous versions are considered invalid forks.
- openssl-1.0.1k or older versions patched for CVE-2014-8275 broke compatibility with Bitcoin and Czarcoin.
- This update patches Czarcoin to maintain compatibility with CVE-2014-8275 patched openssl.
- If you are running v0.8.7.4 as distributed by czarcoin.org you do not need to upgrade.
- The binaries distributed on czarcoin.org contain their own copy of openssl so they are unaffected by this issue.
- Enforce v2 blocks at height 710000 on mainnet, 400000 on testnet
- Add `-maxorphantx=<n>` and `-maxorphanblocks=<n>` options for control over the maximum orphan transactions and blocks
- Stricter memory limits on CNode
- Upgrade OpenSSL to 1.0.1i (see https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140806.txt - just to be sure, no critical issues
- Mac and Windows Official Gitian Builds: upgrade to openssl-1.0.1h for CVE-2014-0224
Linux Gitian build uses Lucid 0.9.8k-7ubuntu8.18
- Mac and Windows Official Gitian Builds: upgrade to openssl-1.0.1g for CVE-2014-0160
Linux was not vulnerable with Lucid openssl-0.9.8k Older versions were only vulnerable with rarely used RPC SSL
- If you build from source, be sure that your openssl is patched for CVE-2014-0160.
- Upgrade openssl, qt, miniupnpc, zlib, libpng, qrencode
- Many bug fixes from Bitcoin 0.8.7rc stable branch
including transaction malleability mitigation backports from 0.9
- Add testnet checkpoints
- Add new testnet seed
Fix MSVC link C++ 14 readiness Visual Studio readiness